The deadline for advance ticket sales for the Great Electric Train Show have been extended until Monday October 5. The discounted tickets offer up to 25% off on the day prices as well as early entry to this not to be missed model railway event on the weekend of October 13/14 2018 at the Arena MK in Milton Keynes. Visit www.greatelectrictrainshow.com or call 01780 480404 to book.
If you have been thinking of attending, but haven’t made your mind up yet, here are 10 great reasons to visit the Great Electric Train Show at its brand new and bigger venue:
- 32 layouts – this year’s line-up is bigger than ever before drawing model railways from all points of the compass including Scotland, the Wirral, the North East, Anglia, Kent, Somerset, South Wales and Cornwall. Many of these layouts haven’t been seen in this area before you will definitely be seeing something new. Plus many of the layouts are favourites from past issues of Hornby Magazine offering a chance to see them first hand, but there are plenty of new railways too that will be coming to future issue.
- 45 traders – with a bigger venue we’ve been able to expand the shopping opportunities at the Great Electric Train Show with a greater number and range of stands. Over the weekend you will be able to find everything from the latest ready-to-run rolling stock through kits, detailing parts, digital decoders, control systems, scenic materials, accessories, books and much more.
- Eight demonstrations – have you got a burning question about model railway construction that you need answering? We might have the solution. Our demonstrations include weathering, building construction, digital control, 3D scanning, automation, tree making, static grass and operation of an indexing turntable on Hornby Magazine’s Grosvenor Square layout.
- Manufacturer stands – our trade stand listing includes dedicated manufacturer stands from Hornby, Accurascale, Hatton’s Model Railways and the Little Loco Company. Plus Kernow Model Rail Centre and Rails of Sheffield will be attending with their own ranges of exclusive models.
- Save money with advance tickets – advance tickets are now available until Monday October 1. Adult tickets cost £9 in advance (versus £12 on the day) and child tickets cost £7 in advance (£9 on the day). You can order by calling 01780 480404 or by visiting www.greatelectrictrainshow.com to go through to the dedicated sales page.
- Easy access by rail – Milton Keynes is easy to access by rail. Milton Keynes Central railway station is on the West Coast Main Line and is served by Virgin Trains, Southern Railway and London Northwestern Railway services. Virgin Trains offers express services to Milton Keynes from as far afield at Glasgow as well as nearer cities such as London, Birmingham, Coventry and many more. Southern Railway offers a direct service from Clapham Junction – handy for anyone considering travelling from south of the capital – while London Northwestern Railway serves the stations on the West Coast Main Line that Virgin Trains doesn’t. Visit www.virgintrains.com www.southerrailway.com or www.londonnorthwesternrailway.com for full service information.
- Free shuttle bus – if you travelling by rail we are also offering a free shuttle bus service from Milton Keynes Central railway station (leaving from stand Z6) to the Arena MK on Saturday AND Sunday. The service runs every 30 minutes from 9am with a short break at lunchtime. Visit www.greatelectrictrainshow.com for the full timetable.
- Free parking – if you are heading to the show by road use postcode MK1 1QB and follows the brown signs for the football stadium. Arena MK is located a few minutes’ drive from the M1 at junction 14 via the A421 or you can reach it from junction 13 via the A5. Once you arrive at the venue free parking is available and our stewards will direct you to the nearest empty spaces.
- Be a VIP in 2018 – this year we are offering a special VIP ticket to the Great Electric Train Show. Priced at £40 it includes a range of Hornby Magazine products, VIP parking and an impressive collection of discount vouchers which can be redeemed during the show. Visit www.greatelectrictrainshow.com to find out more and see the full package.
- Bigger then ever before – last but by no means least the 2018 Great Electric Train Show is bigger than it has ever been before. We 83 stands in total there is something for everyone and we can’t wait to open the doors on Saturday October 13. See you there!